Area Weather

Click for Syracuse, New York Forecast

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

2nd outting with the GTI 2500

Me and a local friend headed South about an hour on the highway to meet up with another hunter for a day trip...We started out in a town park...The ground was dry as talcum powder, and it was hard to find good signals deep...Noone turned up any Silver today, and I think it was due to the lack of moisture in the dirt...We need a good downpour desperately...It is going on 3 weeks with little to no rain and temps in the high 80s and low 90s...This is unusual for NY this time of year...This weather usually only comes along for a few weeks in August.
We hunted the park for about 2 hours, then went to the home of friend number 3 to hunt his yard...His house is OLD, and has a LOT of history....I was highly surprised that he had found silver and a large cent in his yard with a Bounty Hunter Tracker II...That is right...I said II...It actually has more controls and tones than the newer Tracker IV...I was impressed...I with my GTI 2500 and 12" coil and my local buddy with his XLT and 950 coil could not turn up one silver in either local...I did manage a handfull of clad, and a cool copper cowboy boot pendant (might be a winchchime weight)...The lump of coal was thrown in the picture, just because it tricked me into digging it up...YES it DOES make the detecor sound off...


HH,


No comments:

Post a Comment