Area Weather

Click for Syracuse, New York Forecast

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Breaking in a new e-Trac

My friend Tony got a new to him used e-Trac and we hit the woods today to break it in proper. I fealt naked without my utility belt. I was missing my pinpointer, finds pouch, small shovels, magnifyer, and my cleaning brushes. I had to do the old scoop dirt in the hand and run over coil procedure to find my targets...uuugghh. I managed to find a 1895 Barber Dime, 1886 Indian Head, and 1917 and 1941 wheat cents. Tony also found 1 Indian Head in the 1800s, so not a bad first real hunt for him.
HH,

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just started a blog about growing up in Africa. Detecting has been a big part of my life. I've written my first post about detecting in Zimbabwe. I think you may find it interesting. Could you please check it out and let me know what you think?

    http://adventureofrgrowingupinafrica.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete