Area Weather

Click for Syracuse, New York Forecast

Monday, October 26, 2015

Civil War relics in New York???

well I finally did it.  I found a Civil War Relic in an Upstate NY Park...
I was completely shocked when I pulled this beauty from the ground.  It is in excellent shape with almost full guilt still on it.
B2260...Federal infantry button, eagle with "I", "SCHUYLER H & G / N YORK." dm, two part convex hat or sleeve size, (16mm)
Button depicts eagle facing right with "I" in the shield, generally for infantry officers. Backmark: "SCHUYLER H & G / N YORK." dm inner ring of dots partly obscured by shank well. Scovill produced ca 1860, for small buttons only, (Schuyler.230.Small). Two part convex button, hat or sleeve size.
These go for about $15 on eBay in this condition.
Next popped out a 1899 barber Quarter in not too bad condition... A little worn, but a keeper.

The funny thing is I dug plenty of pennies today, but NONE was a Wheatie...Hmmm.

HH,


No comments:

Post a Comment