Area Weather

Click for Syracuse, New York Forecast

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Interesting Finds Back on the Hill in the Woods

Started the day off Wednesday, at my pounded out Wood's Field ball parks (Been hunting it since 2005). I still manage to pull out a few surprises from time to time. I snagged me a 1971 Ike Dollar (My 2nd Dollar ever), and a few clad.  My Buddy called me up and wanted to go back to our Hill in the Woods. With all the Silver pulled out of there, who was I to say no...I hit one hole that kept giving up Wheaties (13 total...1911, 16, 18, 20, 23, 24x2, 25, 27, 28, 42, 56, 57), and a 1926 Buffalo nickle. I think some child buried his treasure back in the late 50s. The strangest find was the Greek Dekadrachm of Syrakusa coin...Now if this was real, it would be circa 400 BC, but the date reads 1897...I live near Syracuse University in NY, and think this was some sort of token or maybe paperweight??? It appears to be made of cast pot metal...







HH,


No comments:

Post a Comment